Breakfast can sometimes be the hardest meal of the day to prepare. Mornings in our households are very busy, trying to get everyone ready for the day ahead with daycare drop off, activities, making sure the pets are watered and fed plus you add more than one child to the mix and it's a hectic morning.
Top 5 tips for a quick breakfast:
- Eggs - Eggs are fantastic, they are super versatile and quick to cook. With so many options you can't go wrong.
- Porridge - Get creative with different flavours, my son loves grated apple and diced medjool dates. You can make porridge dairy free by using almond milk or coconut milk.
- Pancakes - An absolute favourite in our household. I use a simple mixture that has no added sugar but instead uses mashed banana and cinnamon.
- Savoury Muffins - I know what you're thinking 'when will I have time to make muffins?' Muffins freeze really well so you can make a batch one afternoon with the kiddies, once cooked pop them in the freezer and just take them out when needed.
- Cereals - There are so many cereals on the market, just be sure to choose one that doesn't have too much sugar. My son loves rice bubbles mixed with natural yogurt and fruit.