We have just celebrated a 2nd birthday in the Tiny Foragers family and had a wee party. Here are some of our favourite healthy kids party foods:
- Sushi!! Our kids love sushi. This was the main feature on our party food table this year. I made teriyaki chicken with avocado, tuna and mayonnaise and a veggie option with cucumber, carrot, capsicum and avocado. It’s fair to say there wasn’t a single sushi roll left.
- Cookie cutter sandwiches. Mini sandwiches are always great to have for a party, picnic or the lunch box. There are so many fun cookie cutter shapes around these days and your filling options are endless.
- Pita Bread Pizzas. Making pita bread pizzas is a great cooking activity for the kids. Buy the pita pockets, have the toppings chopped up and ready to go and let the little ones create their very own pizza.
- Bliss Balls are a yummy healthy treat. Made using a mixture of nuts, dates, seeds and cocoa. You can roll them in coconut or get festive and use crushed freeze dried raspberries.
- Fruit Kebabs. Make fun rainbow coloured sticks with an assortment of fruit: pineapple, grapes, strawberry, melon, banana and a little added treat marshmallows.