Dinner with little ones can be challenging at the best of times. When kids are hungry they want to be fed immediately! Which means sometimes we end up feeding them meals that aren’t entirely nutritious. Introducing our range of Mini Meals. These frozen preprepared meals are ready in minutes and with the taste and nutritional value as if you made it yourself. Now that’s a parenting win in our books. But if you are after ideas for a quick and easy dinner the whole family can enjoy here are our top 5:
- Basil Pesto Pasta with crispy bacon, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. This dish is a favourite in our house. You can make the pesto from scratch or buy a fresh store bought one. Ready in 15 minutes.
- Burritos. You can make these with any protein, however we usually make minced beef or chicken ones. Add fresh tomatoes, grated cheese, carrot, cucumber, avocado, salad greens and sour cream. My two year old loves these and they are fun to make at the table together.
- Stir Fry, a great way to get veggies into your little one, add a protein and serve with noodles or rice. Try something different by using tofu instead of meat.
- Corn Fritters, a kiwi classic. Sweetcorn fritters are so easy to make and you can jazz them up by adding coriander and red pepper to the batter. Serve with a dipping sauce and salad - for the little ones veggie sticks.
- Pizza. An age old classic and the kids love helping create their own dinner.