Lets make your kid’s lunch more exciting.
We know its difficult sometimes coming up with fresh ideas for the little ones, not to mention most things on the market for children are full of preservatives and unnecessary ingredients. Finding the time to make everything from scratch sometimes seems near impossible so here are some easy ideas:
- Wraps. More exciting than a sandwich. Load it up, roll it tightly then cut into bite size pieces. Fillings: tuna mixed with mayonnaise, grated cheese and lettuce. Shredded cooked chicken, cream cheese and cranberry sauce. Smashed avocado.
- Veggie Sticks with Dip. Cucumber, carrot, capsicum or celery and add a yummy dip such as humous or sour cream with a little basil pesto.
- Muffin Splits. So versatile, use them as a pizza base or load them up with yummy toppings such as creamed corn and cheese, spaghetti or your favourite spread.
- Pasta. What's not to love. Mix with basil pesto and grated parmesan for a quick and easy meal option.
- Frittata. So easy to make and you can pack them full of tasty veggies. Steamed kumara, spinach, tomatoes, capsicum, cheese such as feta, caramelised onions, cooked bacon or ham. You really can add anything.